The “Mobile School” program has been implemented since February 2017. The project came to Drama after a request from the institution to the Belgian Mobile School organization.
It is aimed at children aged 5 to 8 years old, living and working on the street and children belonging to socially excluded groups.
The aim of the program is to psychologically empower, explore and use the abilities of these children as well as to strengthen their self-esteem. It also aims to communicate with the children’s parents and to raise awareness in the wider society.
The Mobile School’s action is supported by volunteers of various specialties, such as social workers, psychologists, teachers, who through street work interventions work with these children and their families.
For the year 2017, the Mobile School volunteer team carried out 86 interventions from which 1,448 contacts with children and adults were recorded.
For the year 2018, the Mobile School volunteer team carried out 88 interventions, from which 1,716 contacts with children and adults were recorded. It is important to note that of these contacts a stable population of 132 people was recorded.
Support for Roma
Since 1991, the Ladies Union of Drama has been supporting Roma population in the following areas:
- Finding employment.
- Release of persons accused of misdemeanours.
- Coverage of fixed contributions for participation in public markets.
- Providing accommodation for people who are in need of financial assistance, of the payment of social security, of contributions for the purchase of goods and services.
- Childcare centers for children from substance-dependent families.
- Support in the food sector through various programs.
- Support in the educational sector through the Mobile School interventions.
- Clothing and footwear.
For the year 2018, the beneficiary people registered as Roma in the database maintained by the organization are 568 family members.